Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cousins

There was a quote going around Facebook for awhile that went along the lines of, A cousin is your first friend...blah blah blah...repost this if you have an awesome cousin. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time as you can tell from my great rendition of the quote, but the more I think about it, the more I believe that it really rings true. My kids are lucky to have a whole bunch of cousins. On my side, there are three and, along with my kids, their ages are 9, 8, 7, almost 6, 3 1/2, and 2 1/2. There is never a dull moment at family get togethers and they truly love seeing each other and hug like long lost friends when they meet (we live 2 miles from them, they hug a lot). On Todd's side, there are numerous older cousins and seven cousins under the age of 9. Whenever we are together, they quickly run off together not to be be seen or heard again for hours. I know how precious these relationships are. They are forever friends. Forever connected.  I know they will always look out for each other. I hope they realize how fortunate they are to have their cousins to go through life with...
Trevor and Cole are the only boy cousins on my side of the family. You  can tell by the look on Cole's face and how he acts around him that he adores him. Cole tries to mimic Trevor and do everything he does...his little shadow.







The Dads and the kids...each year, Greg and Todd take a "holiday card" photo. This is the 2011 winner!


A bunch of cousins at the summer birthday party.


4 cousins with birthdays in July and August. Their party is always a blast!

The fashionista cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment