Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 minutes in the life of Cole


I've been having a lot of fun practicing my photography skills and giving myself projects to complete. I decided to follow Cole around for 5 minutes and just capture him doing what he does...no prompting, no "look over here and smile," just purely snapping the essence of him. I did this twice in the same day - once inside and once outside. The only way I intervened was not letting him play in my car. He could seriously do that for hours everyday if I let him. The look on his face when he presses the buttons, makes car doors open, honks the horn, and dances to the music is joy in it's purest form. 

Cole absolutely loves being outside and I'm pretty sure on this day his goal, if he were able to convey it, was to take everything out of the garage one item at a time. I fear it's going to be a long winter of him being stuck inside when he would rather be exploring the great outdoors.










When my girls were little, they would never sit on the ground. They would take a crouching position to color with sidewalk chalk or play with sand. Cole lays down in sand, grass, and even on the garage floor. He is a fan of the "big mess," as he calls it.












Silly me put batteries in the train puzzle so it whistles upon completion - I didn't think that one through! If Cole ever sees anyone using a tool of any sort, he becomes obsessed with fixing things.


Sometimes, he smiles for me unprompted. He really enjoys getting his photo taken.



Cole riding his "Har Bike." A day does not go by without a ride on his bike. For this reason, it has never been outside.


Cole now likes to put things on the back of his bike and give them rides. This time, a Caterpillar construction guy got the free ride. This worked out better than when he wanted to give a glass of water a ride. 



My photography business is getting under way and should be up and running in the next few weeks. I'll be giving myself more projects to complete like this one and have been taking a lot of autumn landscapes that I will be posting soon. We have had an amazingly gorgeous autumn and the colors are at their peak this week. I can't wait to get out there and take more!










1 comment:

  1. i LOVE it! cole looks like he was having a blast. quinn is all about the full-body mess experience, too, but so was the bug when she was very little. it's only been since the age of three that she has become more concerned about being messy/dirty.

    you know, if you move to austin, cole can go outside year round except for a couple days where it actually might get colder than 40 degrees :-)

    we miss you guys and love having this peak into your life to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete