Thursday, June 9, 2011

Observations from 30,000 feet


Skye didn't even wait to fall asleep in the plane. This is in the limo on the way to the airport. I could fill a page just with pictures of her sleeping.


The Ipad kept Cole's attention the longest out of anything we brought for him to use on the plane. Gotta love Elmo.

Skye made herelf comfy on Noelle's lap on the plane. She slept the most out of all of us.

Sydney's excitement about almost being in Hong Kong was awesome. She loved following the picture of the plane's location on the tv.

We made it!

Cole did a good job riding on my back through the airports. I can't imagine doing it any other way.  He was a trooper through 2 car rides, a plane ride, and a quick trip on the train.

Noelle stepped it up a notch and carried two way too heavy carry on bags through the airport!

This is the lobby of our apartment building. Happy to be there. Ready to fall asleep!

Our full travel day is on the horizon...riding in the limo was a highlight for the girls.
We officially made it to Hong Kong on a rather uneventful flight. We just got our wifi hooked up, so I am already a little behind in my blogging.  As we were flying, I wrote down some observations...it helped pass the time (at least 20 minutes of the 15 hours).






1. I clearly didn't give the kids enough credit for being able to handle a 15 hour flight. The were awesome. It appears that Cole's patience for sitting in one place for a very long time is about 9 hours. Luckily, he fell asleep from hours 10-14.
2. Apple is making a killing. It has never been more obvious than when hundreds of people are idle for hours. Nearly everyone, no matter the demographic, had an electronic device of some sort.
3. Whoever designed airport bathroom changing tables must not have a toddler. Putting the paper cup dispenser directly over the head of a grabby two year old made for some good entertainment for him. I hope no one else using that bathroom was thirsty.
4. When you think you have enough time to eat before boarding, think again. Hearing "Bergeron...Party of Five" and "final boarding' does not help the digestion process.
5. I would love to have TIna Fey over for dinner. BossyPants  thoroughly entertained me for hours.
6. Bringing my sister in law, Noelle, with us may be the smartest thing we decided to do. I don't know how we would have gotten through the airport without her. She sat between the girls for the whole flight and I never heard a complaint out of any of them. The girls adore her....as do we.
7. Airplane food lived up to its reputation.
8. The movement and sound of an airplane has no drowsiness effect on Cole, whereas Skye can sleep in what looks like the most uncomfortable positions for hours.
9. I'm pretty sure Cole is better at Angry Birds than I am.
10. Seeing people walking to the airplane bathroom barefoot is all sorts of wrong. Take being barefoot in a college dorm shower and combine that with being barefoot at your local gym and multiply the ickiness factor by 1,000.
11. I say lose one row of seats and make the bathroom just a few inches bigger.
12. I'm glad we don't have to make this flight again for 5 weeks. As uneventful as it was, it's nice to be on the ground. We are ready to start exploring Hong Kong!

2 comments:

  1. So Cole finally figured out how to send the birds flying in the correct direction??? Yay!!
    So glad the flight was uneventful and that you guys made it there safely. Cody and I are adjusting to you guys not being here :) Them needing to call your party to board the plane pretty much cracks me up, and I"ll have to read that book now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you made it. I hope your stomach wasn't making "wedding sounds" when they called Bergeron - Final Boarding!!

    ReplyDelete